Acoustic Image has unveiled the Series 4 Contra, a 300-watt combo amp that the company explains is its most affordable combo. Similar to the Series 4 Coda combo, the new Contra features a 10-inch down-firing woofer and a forward-firing 5-inch midrange driver. It also has Automatic Voltage Switching, which protects the amplifier from damage no matter where in the world you’re playing.
The Series 4 Contra starts with a combo input that allows for either 1/4˝ or XLR, with phantom power to accommodate condenser microphones. Tone shaping controls include a 3-band EQ, a switchable low cut or notch filter. Other features include an effects loop, a mute switch, and a balanced direct out with a Pre/Post EQ switch.
The Acoustic Image Series 4 Contra Combo Amp is available now for $899. For more info, check out the Acoustic Image website.
Acoustic Image Series 4 Contra Combo Amp Specs:
- Two-way sealed speaker system
- 10˝ downfiring woofer
- 5˝ extended range driver
- Lightweight (22 pounds) molded polymer enclosure
- One channel preamp, no effects
- Three-band EQ preamp section
- Combo jack input (either 1/4 in or XLR)
- Phantom power on XLR input
- Input and master level controls
- Effects loop with return level control
- Switchable Low Cut or Notch filter
- Balanced direct out with ground lift
- Mute switch and Pre/Post EQ for direct out
- 300 Watt switch mode power amplifier, internally limited
- Automatically switched dual voltage operation (100-115V/220-240V)
- Comes with a fitted slip cover with cord storage pocket and shoulder strap