MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe — DIVE IN. Analog bucket-brigade technology, Bass & Treble controls, Flanger & X-Over, true bypass. Check it out
Spector Adds NS-5 Bass to USA Neck Thru Series
Spector has reintroduced the NS-5 to their USA Neck-Thru Series of basses. First made between 1987 and 1990 during the company’s Kramer era, the new NS-5 retains the same features while offering current Spector build options.
Its neck is a 3-piece laminate of Rock Maple fitted with AAAA figured maple body wings or optional exotic top wings (Buckeye Burl shown). The fingerboard is a choice of Pau Ferro, Ebony, or Premium Birdseye Maple and is adorned with crown inlays in either abalone, mother-of-pearl, or black mother-of-pearl.
As with the original production NS-5, the new model sports a pair of active EMG J pickups matched with Spector’s 9V circuit. Hardware includes Gotoh GB-7 tuning machines, a Spector USA locking bridge, and Dunlop Dual Design straplocks.
The Spector NS-5 is available in 2013, though the company is currently taking orders. The expected list price is $6,299. For more info, check out the company’s new Spector Guitars website, which details the company, its history, and past models.
Spector NS-5 USA Neck Thru Series Bass Specs:
- Scale: 34˝
- Construction: Neck Thru
- Body: AAAA Figured Maple Wings (Solid) or optional Exotic Top Wings
- Neck: 3-Piece Rock Maple
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro (Bolivian Rosewood), Ebony or Premium Birdseye Maple
- Frets: 24
- Inlays: Abalone, Mother-of-Pearl or Black Mother-of-Pearl Crown
- Electronics: Spector USA 9v Circuit
- Pickups: Active EMG® J Pickups
- Bridge: Spector USA Locking Bridge
- Tuners: Gotoh GB-7 Tuning Machines
- Other: Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks
- Options include Hipshot Xtender-Detuner, lined or unlined fretless and a variety of stain choices (for figured maple wings)
- Finish options include matte or high gloss finishes