The Warwick Thumb NT is one of their flagship models that packs in features the company is best known, such as the choice of exotic woods. NT stands for Neck Through construction, but the design is a little more intricate than most since the top is solid.
Warwick employs exotic woods for the Thumb including Bubinga Pommele for the body, Ovangkol with Ekanga veneer stripes for the neck, and Tigerstripe Ebony for the fingerboard. Electronics include a pair of active MEC J/J pickups (Soapbars for 6-string versions) matched with an active MEC 3-band preamp.
Several options are available for customization, including the number of strings, right-handed or left-handed, and either fretted or fretless.
Warwick Thumb NT Bass Photo Gallery:
Warwick Thumb NT Bass Specs:
- Construction: Neck-through-design (hidden neck)
- 4-, 5- or 6-string
- Right-handed or Left-handed
- Fretted or Fretless
- Body: Bubinga Pommele
- Neck: Ovangkol with Ekanga veneer stripes
- Fingerboard: Tigerstripe Ebony
- Scale: 34˝
- Frets: 26 Jumbo Bronze
- Pickups: Active MEC J/J pickups (4- and 5-string), Soapbar H/H (6-string)
- Electronics: Active MEC 3-way
- Finish: Natural Oil Finish, Colored Oil Finish or High Gloss Finish
- Tuners: Warwick
- Bridge: 2-piece Warwick
- Warwick security locks
- Black hardware (chrome, gold or satin-chrome with extra charge)
- Nut: Just-A-Nut III Brass
- Weight: 4.4 kg (4-string), 4.5 kg (5-string), 5.3 kg (6-string)