Phil Jones Bass has introduced the Double Four, a new 70-watt combo micro-amp that is roughly the size of a shoebox. Sporting a pair of Neo Power 4-inch drivers, the Double Four features a new driver design, acoustic loading, and separate PWM amplifiers for each speaker.
The backs of the speakers are loaded with a Rectangular Auxiliary Low Freqency Radiator (RALFR®), which is a radiator that operates at low bass frequencies. The company explains that this augments the output of the speakers from 30 to 150Hz. Controls on the amp include a switchable high gain input or low gain stage, a mute switch, a 3-band EQ, a headphone output, and a Line Out.
The Phil Jones Bass Double Four will be available in April with an MSRP of $529 and projected street price of $449. For more info, check out the Phil Jones website.
Phil Jones Bass Double Four Micro Combo Bass Amp Specifications:
- Power Output: 70 watt
- Speaker: 2 x PJB NeoPower 4 inch speakers
- Rectangular Auxiliary Low Frequency Radiator (RALFR®)
- Switchable high gain input OR low gain stage with mute function
- 3 Band EQ
- AUX input with level control
- Headphone out
- Line out
- Dimensions: 8.2 x 8 x 6.8 inch (WxDxH) 208 x 203 x 172 mm
- Weight: 8.8 lbs