Korg has introduced the Korg Pitchblack Pro to their series of tuners. The 19-inch, 1U rackmount tuner is based around a large “3D” meter that allows for easy readability from any angle and has three modes: Regular, Strobe, and Half Strobe.
Regular Mode replicates a needle-type tuner so the LED in the center of the meter lights up when the string is in tune. The Strobe Meter Mode shows that the string is in tune when the illumination stops flowing, and Half Strobe Mode shows that the string is in tune when the LED meter illumination stops flowing and only the center LED is lit up.
The Pitchblack Pro also has a built-in cable checker that allows you to make sure your cable is in working order. Other features include a buffered output, a mute function, an input on the back for line level, and adjustable/removable rackmount ears.
The Korg Pitchblack Pro Tuner will be shipping in three to four weeks with a street price around $99. For more info, check out the Korg website.
Korg Pitchblack Pro Rackmount Tuner Details:
- 19-inch 1U rackmount tuner for bass and guitar
- Large “3D” style visual meter
- Three meter display modes: regular, strobe, and half-strobe
- Cable Checker
- Buffered output
- Mute function
- Tuning: 12 note equal temperament
- Detection range: E0 (20.60 Hz) ~ C8 (4186 Hz), sine wave
- Calibration range: A4 = 436-445 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Detection accuracy: +/- 1 cent
- Display Mode: Regular / Strobe / Half Strobe
- Input impedance: 1 M Ohms (when tuner is on)
- Connectors: Front Side – Input 1 (mono 1/4″ jack) for Guitar /Bass, Mute (mono 1/4″ jack), Cable Check (mono 1/4″ jack)
- Rear Side – Input 2* (mono 1/4″ jack) *This jack is intended for use with the line output from an effect unit or keyboard; this cannot be used simultaneously with the INPUT 1 jack
- Output (mono 1/4″ jack)
- DC IN (9V)
- Power supply: DC 9V, AC adapter
- Weight: 363 g / 12.80 Oz. (Tuner Only)