ZZ Top has the longest-lasting original lineup of any major rock band – the Texas trio of Billy Gibbons (guitar), Dusty Hill (bass) and Frank Beard (drums) have remained together for more than 45 years.
But until now, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers have gone without releasing a live album. More than four decades on, they’ve assembled LIVE – Greatest Hits From Around The World.
The album features moments recorded in cities around the world over the course of several tours. It covers the gamut of the band’s work, from their early hit, “La Grange,” to a couple of live collaborations with Jeff Beck in London, including the Tennessee Ernie Ford / Merle Travis song “Sixteen Tons,” appearing on a ZZ Top record for the first time.
You can also check out the band’s performance of “Rough Boy” with Jeff Beck:
LIVE – Greatest Hits from Around the World Track List (including cities):
- Got Me Under Pressure – New York
- Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers – Las Vegas
- Cheap Sunglasses – Paris
- Waitin’ For The Bus – Chicago
- Jesus Just Left Chicago – Chicago
- Legs – São Paolo
- Sharp Dressed Man – Los Angeles
- Rough Boy (with Jeff Beck) – London
- Pincushion – Berlin
- La Grange – Dallas
- I’m Bad, I’m Nationwide – Vancouver
- Tube Snake Boogie – Rome
- Gimme All Your Lovin’ – Houston
- Tush – Nashville
- Sixteen Tons (with Jeff Beck) – London