Gear Watch: TC Electronic Blacksmith Bass Amp
TC Electronic’s bass amp 2.0 line has just gotten a little bigger and a lot louder with the introduction of the Blacksmith. The amp shares many of the same features as its siblings, including an integrated chromatic tuner, four-band EQ, SpectraComp ‘per-string’ compression, TubeTone tube amp recreation, and TweeterTone high frequency control. Three user presets are also available for versatility. What really sets the Blacksmith apart is its 1600-Watt output, which more than doubles the power of their other amps. The amp can handle cabinet combinations from 8 to 2 ohms, controlled by a switch on the back. TC puts it into perspective by saying that would include running four of their RS410 cabs, essentially 16×10” speakers, at once.
The TC Electronic Blacksmith will be available sometime in March, with an MSRP of $3,599.
TC Electronic Blacksmith Amp Specs:
- Power: 1600 Watts (4500 watts peak)
- Presets: 3 user defined presets
- On-board chromatic tuner
- SpectraComp: Multi-band compression
- TubeTone: Emulation of both the tube pre and power amp sections
- 4-Band EQ: Semi-parametric Bass, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid and Treble
- TweeterTone: Front panel tweeter level control
- Transformer balanced Line Driver: Studio grade DI
For more, visit the TC Electronic website.