Genz Benz Introduces Contour 500 Series Combo Bass Amps
Genz Benz has introduced the Contour 500 series of combo amplifiers, including a 1×15″ model and a 2×10″ model. Built with power and weight in mind, the CTR500-115T and CTR500-210T push out 300 watts at 8 ohms while weighing 48 pounds and 52 pounds, respectively. The line also includes a pair of matching extension cabinets that raise the power output to 500 watts at 4 ohms.
Each member of the Contour 500 series carries ceramic drivers and a compression tweeter for high end clarity. The input section has both level and gain controls as well as an input mute. The tone shaping controls include a Contour control and an active EQ section that includes a parametric midrange filter.
Other features include an XLR direct output with a ground lift, an aux input, and a headphone out. The Genz Benz Contour 500 115 and 210 combos are available now with street prices at $799 and $849. For more info, check out the Genz Benz website.
Genz Benz Contour 500 Series Combo Amp Specs:
- Full Featured FET Preamp Design
- 300W @ 8 ohms; 500W @ 4 ohms
- Class D Power Amp and SMPS
- Gain and Volume Controls for a Wide Range of Gain Settings
- L.F. and H.F., Shelving EQ Networks
- Parametric Midrange Filter
- Contour Tone-shaping Network
- Input Mute
- XLR Direct Output w/Ground Lift
- Fan Cooling
- Multi-layer Plywood Construction
- Heavy-duty Molded Strap Handle
- Heavy-duty Metal Perforated Grille
- 3 Way Tweeter Level Control