Bass of the Week: Kristall Solid Electric Bass
German builder Andreas Kristall makes a host of impressive basses, including this week’s bass of the week: The Kristall Solid.
Available in 4, 5, and 6-string models, the Solid sports a singlecut design with bolt on construction. Kristall says the bass was built for “Rock character, sound, look, and feel.”
As each piece is made to order, options vary from bass to bass. The body is typically made of alder, mahogany, or swamp ash while the standard neck is maple. The fretboard can be rosewood or maple per the customer’s choice.
For pickups, Kristall includes a pair of Nordstand’s Big Singles, which add deep punch, bite, and definition. The controls are configured Volume, Volume, Tone. Hardware includes Hipshot Ultralites and a Hipshot “Vintage” bridge.
The Kristall Solid is made by hand in Germany. Prices for orders outside of the EU start at €1,932.77 (approx. $2,556 USD) for a 4-string model. For more info and sound samples, check out the Kristall Basses website.
Kristall Basses Solid Electric Bass Photo Gallery:
Kristall Basses Solid Electric Bass Specs:
- Scale: 34?
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Neck: One piece Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood or Maple
- Body Wood: Alder, Mahogany, or Swamp Ash
- Frets: 21 Frets
- Fretmarkers: Abalone-Dots
- Nut-Widht: 1.895? (SOLID 5)
- String spacing at nut: .390?
- String spacing at bridge: .750?
- Pickups: Nordstrand Big Singles
- Tuners: Hipshot Ultralite
- Bridge: Hipshot Vintage
- Strap Buttons: Schaller Security-Locks
- Accessories: Adjusting-Tools, Gigbag