Eastwood Guitars has had a busy summer. Rounding out their new retro releases is a 34? scale version of their Airline Map bass. A tribute to the 1962 National Newport Guitar, the new full-scale bass comes in Seafoam Green and is equipped with D’Addario Chrome flats.
Similar to their 30? scale version, the bass features a tone chambered mahogany body, bound maple neck, and a rosewood fingerboard with block marker inlays. It’s set apart from its predecessor by utilizing a Fender style adjustable bridge rather than a Tune-o-matic bridge and trapeze tailpiece.
The pickups are a pair of alnico Hot-10 humbuckers controlled by a 3-way selector and knobs configured Volume, Volume, Tone.
The Eastwood Airline Map 34? is shipping now with a price tag of $879. For more info, check out the Eastwood Guitars website.
Eastwood Airline Map 34? Specs:
- Colors: Seafoam Green
- Body: Tone Chambered Mahogany
- Neck: Bound Maple, Bolt-on
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, Block Markers
- Scale Length: 34?
- Width at Nut: 1 5/8?
- Pickups: Two Alnico Hot-10 Humbuckers
- Switching: 3-Way
- Controls: 2 Volume, 1 Tone
- Bridge: Fender Style Adjustable
- Hardware: Grover Style Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: D’Addario #45-#100
- Unique Features: NATIONAL Style Striped Pickguard