California-based Kauer Guitars has introduced the Daylighter Bass, modeled after their popular series of guitars by the same name. With several feature options, the company says the bass can cover ground from “classic Motown vibe straight through the most aggressive modern bass tones.”
The Daylighter’s body is made of Spanish Cedar and is available in a plethora of color options. The 6-bolt hardrock maple neck is topped with a wenge fretboard with wenge binding and mother of pearl dot inlays in an offset pattern. Kauer offers the bass with 30, 32, or 34-inch scales.
Pickups on the bass are also up for debate, though a P/J set comes standard. Hardware on the bass includes a Tonepros Wraparound bridge and Sperzel SoundLoc tuners.
Handbuilt in California, the Kauer Guitars Daylighter Bass is available for $2,400. For more info, visit the Kauer website.
Kauer Guitars Daylighter Bass Photo Gallery:
Kauer Guitars Daylighter Bass Specs:
- Body: Spanish Cedar
- Neck: Hardrock Maple
- Fretboard: Wenge w/ Wenge Binding
- Hardware: TonePros Wraparound
- Tuners: Sperzel SoundLoc
- Scale: 30?, 32? or 34? scale
- Strings: 4 (5 or 6 optional)
- Inlay Options: Mother of Pearl 5mm Offset Pattern
- Control Layout: Volume, Blender, Tone (Other passive or active options available)
- Pickup Options: P/J combo (other options available)