Bass of the Week: Schecter Blackjack ATX C-4
This week we check out the Schecter Blackjack ATX C-4, a 4-stringer with attitude. Available in Sunburst, Black Satin, and Aged White finishes, the bass is built with a mahogany body, 3-piece mahogany neck, and an ebony fingerboard. The company explains ebony has a “snappy, crisp attack” that lends itself to picking due to its high amount of percussive overtones.
Schecter fits the Blackjack ATX C-4 with Seymour Duncan Blackout pickups matched with a Seymour Duncan 2-band EQ, which has a selectable treble frequency. For looks, the bass has Aged Creme Mult-ply binding on the neck and body, as well as an Active symbol inlay at the 12th fret.
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-4 Photo Gallery:
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-4 Specs:
- Construction: Set Neck w/ Ultra Access
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: 3-piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frets: 24X Jumbo
- Inlay: Active Symbol
- Bindings: Aged Creme Multi-Ply
- Tuners: Grover Bass
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan Blackouts Bass
- Electronics: Vol/Blend/Active 2-Band Seymour Duncan ‘STC-2S-BO’ E/Q (w/selectable treble switch)
- Available Bridges: Schecter Custom String-Thru Body or Top Load
- Scale: 34?
- Hardware: Black Chrome
- Available Colors: 3-Tone Satin Sunburst, Aged Black Satin, Aged White (AWHT)
- Available Lefty: Yes