Fender Custom Shop Introduces Limited Relic 1955 Precision Bass
The Fender Custom Shop has rolled out its Spring 2013 offerings, including the Limited Relic 1955 Precision Bass. Mimicking the look of an aged bass, the new model is the Custom Shop’s first to feature a special Black over Three-color Sunburst nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
The bass is created by Fender’s master builders with a lightweight ash body and a quartersawn hard-rock maple neck sporting a “soft V” profile. Its maple fingerboard has a 7.25? radius and 20 vintage-style frets. Other features include a custom-wound “stacked” ’51 Precision Bass pickup, a single-ply parchment pickguard, and chrome bridge and pickup covers.
The Fender Custom Shop Limited Relic 1955 Precision Bass carries an MSRP of $5,800. For more info, check out the Fender website.
Fender Custom Shop Limited Relic 1955 Precision Bass Specs:
- Color: Black Over 3-Color Sunburst
- Body Material: Select Lightweight Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1955 Soft “V”
- Scale Length: 34? (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25? (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Nut Width: 1.7? (43.2 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Stacked ’51 Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: 2-Saddle ’50s Vintage-Style with Steel Barrel-Style Saddles
- Tuning Machines: American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Included Accessories: Limited Edition Case, Strap, Cable, Custom Shop Picks, Limited Edition Certificate of Authenticity, Polishing Cloth