Jason Heath: “Chorale” Performance and Breakdown
Our good friend Jason Heath shared a new video yesterday, and I was mesmerized.
Jason has been working on the beautiful (and challenging) Nicholas Walker composition, “Chorale” for four years. He found a tutorial on String Virtuoso and decided to record this video, which includes him playing the piece, then breaking it down.
If you want to hear the performance, skip to the 0:41 mark in the video. For the rest, the timestamps are listed below the video.
- 0:00: Intro
- 0:41: my playthrough of Chorale
- 6:45: critiquing my performance
- 8:28: Nicholas tutorial – opening thoughts
- 12:02: Helpful hints for harmonics
- 17:06: Advice about double stops
- 24:49: When lower notes are on the higher string
- 26:04: “Just intonation” and harmonics
- 30:22: Lunch Break!
- 30:40: Nicholas’ walkthough of Chorale
- 42:27: Pizzacato harmonics
- 48:09: Outro