IK Multimedia has announced the release of their newest and most portable product yet: The Amplitube iRig system for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad.
The system, which simulates amps and effects for both guitar and bass, consists of an instrument interface that connects your bass to your mobile device and the Amplitube for iPhone software. Then you simply plug the output of the interface into speakers or headphones. This gives you access to three simultaneous stompbox effects, an amplifier, a cabinet, and a microphone set up, just like a traditional rig.
You can customize your rigs, with up to 10 stomp boxes, five amps, five cabinets, and two microphones, all available from the Amplitube iRig app custom shop. Amplitube for iPhone also included a digital tuner and metronome.
The Amplitube iRig interface is available for pre-orders from IK Multimedia as well as IK dealers. Amplitube for iPhone is available in three versions: Free, LE, and Full. The free version includes two stompboxes, one amp+cabinet, and two microphones. The LE version adds two stompboxes to that, and costs $2.99. The Full version includes all 10 stompboxes, five amps+cabinets, and two microphones for $19.99. Visit the IK website for more details.
IK Amplitube iRig Features:
- Real-time guitar and bass mobile multi-FX app
- Full rig made by 3 simultaneous stompboxes + amp + cabinet + mic
- 10 Stomps, 5 Amps, 5 Cabinets, 2 Mics available
- Import and play along with songs and backing tracks with real-time effects
- 36 presets can be saved/recalled on the fly
- Includes tuner/metronome
- FREE, LE and Full versions available
- FREE and LE versions expandable with a-la-carte downloadable gear
- Same low-latency as Mac/PC system