AweSome Musical Instruments has released a new switching control plate made to drop into a standard American Jazz Bass or its equivalent. The JCP-T2 Hyper-Mod Jazz Bass Control Plate utilizes AweSome’s Pickup Tone Multiplier to double the amount of pickup tones available via three switches. Two of the switches turn each of your 2-pickups on and off while in or out of phase, while the third puts your pickups in either series or parallel circuit configurations. A stacked volume/tone pot rounds out the controls. The switching system is passive and completely wired so that no soldering is necessary to connect and install it.
The AweSome JCP-T2 is available now for $127.97 plus shipping from the company’s website.
AweSome Musical Instruments Jazz Bass Hyper-Mod Control Plate Specs:
- One assembled and tested black acrylic Jazz Bass control plate populated with our PTM-T3 T-Board and VT-1 Volume/Tone control module
- Required PTM Board clearance: 1.00″ wide x 3.05″ long x 1.15″ deep (2.54cm x 7.75cm x 2.92cm)
- 9″ (22.86cm) insulated 26 gauge red wire (to extend existing pickup or input wires, if needed)
- 9″ (22.86cm) insulated 26 gauge black wire (to extend existing pickup or input wires, if needed)
- 2 yellow/clear solderless crimp connectors (UY2)
- 2 grey wire nuts (71B)