German bass amp manufacturer TecAmp is celebrating it’s 25th anniversary with the release of the Raptor Head and Cabinet, limited to 25 pieces. The 300-watt all-tube head features a preamp consisting of four ECC83 tubes and a ECC81, while the power amp section has six 6550 power tubes.
For tone control, TecAmp included a tube-buffered, active 4-band EQ. The head is housed in poplar plywood and covered in lizard skin, with metal cast corners.
The accompanying Raptor Cabinet-4 holds a 15”, 12,” and two 10” speakers, rated at 1200 watts. It also includes a 1 inch NTW1 tweeter, which can has a switching system for tonal versatility. Altogether, the rig weighs in at 59 kg (130 pounds).
The limited TecAmp Raptor Head runs about €3,290 ($4,726 USD) while the Raptor Cabinet goes for €1,590 (~$2,284 USD).
For more info, visit the TecAmp website.
TecAmp Raptor Head and Cabinet Specs:
- Limited: 25 pieces only
- Impedance switchable: 2, 4, 8 Ohms
- Preamp tubes: 4 x ECC83, 1 x ECC81
- Power tubes: 6 x 6550
- EQ: 4-Band, active, tube-buffered
- FX loop: serial
- Outputs: tuber, symmetric XLR DI with Groung Lift, 2 x Speakon Combo
- 1 x line out pre-master
- 1 x line out post-master
- Cabinet: 1.5 cm poplar plywood, lizard skin, metal cast corners, handles, apertures
- Dimensions: 64 x 110 x 41 cm
- Weight: 25 kg (~55 pounds)
- Power: 1200 W
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Speakers: 1 x 15 inch, 1 x 12 inch, 2 x 10 inch
- Tweeter: 1 inch NTW1, tweeter switching system
- Connectors: 2 x Neutrik Speakon, jack combo, parallel
- Max SPL: 102 dB
- Frequency range: 30 – 19.000 Hz
- Housing: poplar plywood, lizard skin cover, metal-cast corners
- Non-slipping rubber feet
- Four handles
- Slide rails
- Dimensions: 60 x 26 x 31 cm
- Weight: 34 kg (~75 pounds)
- Includes wheels