Here’s a fantastic bass built by luthier Mike Browne. This particular version of his Milo model bass features some fancy woodwork, especially on the body. It’s built with a Honduran mahogany core, a full face figured walnut top with a maple accent stripe, a walnut back, a walnut center block, and maple center block stripes.
The neck is quartersawn hardrock maple topped with a Pau Ferro fingerboard, while the headstock continues the walnut theme. Its pickups are a pair of Nordstrand Fat Stacks that are matched with an Aguilar OBP-3 3-band active/passive preamp. Hardware includes a black Hipshot aluminum A-style bridge, black Hipshot Ultralite tuners, and custom walnut and maple control knobs.
Mike Browne Milo Bass Specs:
- Body: Honduran Mahogany Core, Full Face Figured Walnut Top With Maple Accent Stripe, Walnut Back, Walnut Center Block Back, Maple Center Block Stripes
- Neck: Quarter-Sawn Hardrock Maple, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, Figured Walnut Headstock Veneers
- Pickups: 2 Nordstrand Fat Stack 5 String Pickups,
- Electronics: Aguilar OBP-3 3-Band Preamp
- Bridge: Hipshot A-Style
- Tuners: Hipshot Ultralite
- Knobs: Custom Walnut and Maple