Along with the reissue of the V-4B, Ampeg has announced two new SVT bass cabinets: the SVT-112AV and the SVT-212AV. Both models are stocked with 12″ Eminence LF drivers, making it the first time the company has released cabinets housing 12-inch drivers in over a decade.
The cabs also include a 1″ compression driver with a 3-way level control. The SVT-112AV is rated at 300 watts at 8 ohms while the SVT-212AV doubles things up at 600 watts at 4 ohms. They’re built using 15mm poplar ply and finished with AV Tolex and a grille cloth.
The Ampeg SVT-112AV and SVT-212AV will be shipping in September with prices of $499 and $699. For more, check out the Ampeg website.
Ampeg SVT-112AV Bass Cabinet Specs:
- RMS Power Handling: 300 Watts
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 70 Hz-18 kHz
- Usable Low Frequency (-10 dB): 35 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 96 dB
- Maximum SPL: 121 dB
- Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 17 x 24 x 16
- Weight: 45 Pounds
Ampeg SVT-212AV Bass Cabinet Specs:
- RMS Power Handling: 600 Watts
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 71 Hz -18 kHz
- Usable Low Frequency (-10 dB): 40 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 99 dB
- Maximum SPL: 127 dB
- Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 25 x 24 x 16
- Weight: 66 Pounds