No Treble Rewind: Spotlight on Alun Vaughan, Steve Uccello’s new release, bass chords lesson & more
In case you missed it, here are some of the most popular features from last week (August 16th through 22nd).
Features & Columns
Bass Chords lesson
It’s time to focus on the guitar aspect of bass guitar and learn to play chords.
Player Spotlight: Alun Vaughan
Meet bassist Alun Vaughan, our player in the spotlight for August 18, 2009.
Ask Damian Erskine: Theory and right hand technique
Damian answers a reader’s question on getting used to using the harmonized major and minor scales when soloing or when playing a fill.
Ray Riendeau’s raving about… Janek Gwizdala Podcasts
Ray weighs in on Janek Gwizdala’s awesome podcasts (he refers to them as basscasts) that give us insight to his thoughts and views on playing bass, writing, recording and producing.
New Releases & Reviews
- Steve Uccello releases Symmetria
- Armistice, the new release from Mutemath
- Christian Grizzard: Space Artist
- Retrospective: Kam Falk’s Native Tongue
- The Best of Jack Bruce transcription book
- Pino Palladino live with John Mayer Trio
- Bill Clements: Fret-grooving
- Roberto Aymes Quartet: Besame Mucho live performance
- Victor Wooten & Steve Bailey: Mercy Mercy Mercy live at NAMM 09
- Debra Killings: Love, live
- Hiromi with Tony Grey: Live at Duc des Lombards