Gear Watch: Peavey introduces Headliner Bass Amp
Peavey announced the Headliner, a new rack-mountable bass amp at the 2010 NAMM show.
The Headliner is a 600-watt bass amplifier head with a seven-band graphic EQ. Players can use the graphic EQ in conjunction with the low and high shelving-type tone controls, or bypass the graphic EQ entirely. The amp also sports a built-in optical Compressor with level control and bypass, while the Crunch feature adds a vintage tube effect that distorts only the high frequencies.
The Peavey Headliner bass amplifier will be available in the second quarter of 2010, with a $459.99 MSRP.
- 600 watts maximum lightweight class D power
- Seven-band graphic EQ
- High and low EQ controls
- Pre-shape contour switch
- Bright switch
- Active/passive pickup switch
- Footswitchable optical compressor
- Footswitchable crunch switch adds tube-like tone
- Effects loop
- Master volume
- Headphone output
- Exclusive DDT™ speaker protection
- XLR direct interface
- Neutrik® Speakon® and 1/4″ combo external speaker jack
- 1 1/2 rack space
- 12 lbs.