Gear Watch: Warwick Thumb SC Single Cutaway
Warwick has announced the Thumb SC single cutaway bass. The German made bass, which is their Thumb NT model mixed with a single cutaway design, is tailored towards jazz, funk, and R&B settings.
The Thumb SC features a specially designed passive MEC soap-bar humbucker and active MEC 3-band electronics with 2 toggle switches for coil splitting. The body is US swamp ash with a Bubinga Pommelé top and a Flamed maple neck.
The Thumb SC is available in 5 or 6-string models, with the options fretless or left-handed at no extra charge. The 5-string model will MSRP at $7,500, and the 6-string at $8,000.
Warwick Thumb SC Single Cutaway specs:
- Neck-through design
- Available as a 5-string broad neck or as a 6-string version
- Fretted or fretless and left-handed versions available without additional charge
- US swamp ash body with Bubinga Pommelé top
- Flamed maple neck
- Tiger stripe ebony fingerboard
- Scale: 34″ Long Scale
- 26 frets (or fretless)
- Passive MEC Soap bar humbucker
- Active MEC 3-band electronics with 2 mini toggle switches for coil splitting
- Warwick tuner
- Warwick 2-piece bridge
- Warwick Security Locks
- Black hardware
- Just-A-Nut III
- Warwick EMP strings, 5-string: .045″ .1352″, 6-string: 025″ .135″
- Includes Warwick “User Kit” and RockCase Flight Case (exclusively for Germany, Czech Republic , Poland, UK, Austria and Switzerland) or “Premium Line Plus” RockBag for electric bass
Visit Warwick’s web site for more.