Guns N’ Roses Announce First U.S. Tour Dates in Five Years
Guns N’ Roses have announced a string of dates for their first U.S. tour in five years. The iconic rock band’s trek, which is also their first stateside shows since the release of Chinese Democracy, starts October 28th in Orlando, Florida and snakes its way around the East Coast and Midwest. Fans across the rest of the country needn’t worry, though, as more dates are expected soon.
Though singer Axl Rose is the sole remaining member from the original lineup, ex-Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson has been holding down the low end for Guns N’ Roses since 1997 after he stepped in to replace Duff McKagan. Stinson reports that there’s more material from the Chinese Democracy sessions, but no present plans to release any of it.
“There is a bunch of stuff that was left over from the last record that didn’t make it because it wasn’t finished,” he told Performer Magazine. “But I’m not sure if Axl has been working on that stuff or not… I mean, when we made the record, there was definitely two full records worth of material there at least. A lot of it’s really good, so maybe he’ll get around to finishing up some bits and singing and stuff like that. That’s kind of where it’s been left at.”
Guns N’ Roses 2011 US Tour Dates:
- October 28, 2011: Orlando, FL – Amway Center Arena
- October 29, 2011: Miami, FL – American Airlines Arena
- October 31, 2011: Greenville, SC – Bi-Lo Center Arena
- November 2, 2011: Atlanta, GA – Philips Arena
- November 4, 2011: Houston, TX – Toyota Center
- November 5, 2011: Dallas, TX – Gexa Energy Pavilion
- November 8, 2011: Omaha, NE – CenturyLink Center
- November 9, 2011: Norman, OK – Lloyd Noble Center
- November 12, 2011: Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center
- November 13, 2011: Minneapolis, MN – Target Center
- November 15, 2011: Rosemont, IL – Allstate Arena
- November 17, 2011: East Rutherford, NJ – IZOD Center
- November 19, 2011: Hartford, CT – Comcast Theatre
- November 20, 2011: Wilkes-Barre, PA – Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza
- November 25, 2011: Worcester, MA – DCU Center
- November 26, 2011: Camden, NJ – Susquehanna Bank Center
- December 1, 2011: Auburn Hills, MI – The Palace of Auburn Hills
I saw the Use your Illusion tour way back when and I can’t tell you I time I had ever been more bored at a concert. Freakin’ Skid Row blew them off the stage, and then Guns took 2.5 hours to even get on the stage to “play.” It would be cool to see Tommy play, though, but I’m sure no Replacements material will be in the set list.