Peter Gabriel Announces “Back to Front” Tour with Tony Levin and ’80s Line Up
Peter Gabriel is celebrating the 25th anniversary of his landmark album, So, with a tour that will feature music from the album.
So reached multi-platinum status (five times over), with hits including “Sledgehammer,” “Big Time,” “Red Rain,” “Don’t Give Up” (duet with Kate Bush) and “In Your Eyes.”
Gabriel is enlisting many members of the original band he toured with 25 years ago, including Tony Levin, David Rhodes, Manu Katche and David Sanchez.
Levin joined Gabriel’s band in the late ’70s, and has remained the front man’s go-to bassist in the studio and on the road ever since. Soon after Levin joined Gabriel’s band, the bassist met Robert Fripp and performed on Fripp’s solo album, Exposure in 1980. Of course, that led to Levin joining the ’80s version of King Crimson, which included Fripp, Adrian Belew and Bill Bruford.
The “Back to Front” tour gets going in September, with a single June date planned at the Hop Farm Music Festival in the UK. Gabriel is simultaneously releasing a re-issue of So on CD and as a special 3-CD deluxe box set, to be released on September 18th.
Peter Gabriel “Back to Front” Tour Dates:
- June 29, 2012: Kent, UK @ Hop Farm Music Festival
- September 16, 2012: Quebec City, QC @ Colisee Pepsi
- September 18, 2012: Montreal, QC @ Bell Center
- September 19, 2012: Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- September 21, 2012: Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Centre
- September 23, 2012: Wantaugh, NY @ Nikon at Jones Beach
- September 24, 2012: Boston, MA @ TD Garden
- September 26, 2012: Detroit, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
- September 27, 2012: Chicago, IL @ United Center
- September 30, 2012: Denver, CO @ Red Rocks
- October 2, 2012: San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion
- October 5, 2012: Las Vegas, NV @ Planet Hollywood Showroom
- October 6, 2012: Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
- October 9, 2012: Santa Barbara, CA @ Santa Barbara County Bowl