Fender Unveils Nate Mendel Signature P-Bass
Foo Fighters bassist Nate Mendel now has a signature bass from Fender. Modeled after the ’71 Precision that carried him through over half of his career, the Nate Mendel Fender P Bass features special body contours, extra-slim neck and nut width, and a lightly worn Candy Apple Red finish.
The bass is built with an ash body, a maple neck, and a rosewood fingerboard while the hardware includes a Leo Quan Badass II bridge and vintage ’70s Fender Stamped Open Gear tuners. It also comes with an extra neck plate with a hybrid “Fender/Foo Fighers” logo. The pickup is a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound split single-coil.
The Nate Mendel Fender P Bass will be available with an MSRP of $1,199. For more info, check out the Fender website.
Fender Nate Mendel Signature P-Bass Overview:
Fender Nate Mendel Signature P-Bass Specs:
- Body: Ash
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Slim “C” (based on Mendel’s ’71 Precision Bass)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25? (18.41 cm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.615? (41.02 mm)
- Scale Length: 34? (86.36 cm)
- Neck Plate: 4 Bolt “F” Neck Plate
- Pickup: Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quarter Pound for P Bass
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Leo Quan Badass II
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Tuning Machines: Vintage ’70s Fender Stamped Open Gear Tuning Machines
- Unique Features: Slim neck with smaller nut width, Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickup, lightly Road Worn lacquer finish, extra neck plate included with “Fender/Foos” logo.
- Gig Bag Included
- Pickguards: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome