G&L’s new limited edition Savannah Collection includes a version of the ASAT Bass. As part of the series, it sports a two-piece semi-hollow Okoume body with a Korina top, which the company says complement each other to create an “airy, three-dimensional” tone.
Other features on the bass include an Old School Tobacco Sunburst body finish, a Pau Ferro fretboard, a quartersawn maple neck, and a pair of MFD humbucking pickups. Its pickups are matched with G&L’s Tri-Tone active/passive electronics. Controls include a 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, a series/parallel mini-toggle, and a preamp control mini-toggle that turns the active circuit off, on, and on with a high end EQ boost.
The G&L Savannah Collection is limited to 250 pieces. Each instrument goes through PLEK fret processing and comes in a deluxe tolex case with a custom build specifications document and a custom creations certificate. The Savannah ASAT Bass is available for preorder with a street price of $1,650. For more info, check the G&L Guitars website.
G&L Guitars Savannah Collection ASAT Bass Specs:
- Pickup: G&L Magnetic Field Design humbuckers
- Body Wood: Semi-Hollow Okoume with Korina top
- Body Finish: G&L Old School Tobacco Sunburst
- Neck Wood: Quartersawn Hard Rock Maple with Pau Ferro fingerboard
- Neck Finish: Light Tint Gloss
- Neck Profile: G&L #8 with 12? radius
- Frets: Medium Jumbo; Processed by PLEK
- Tuning Keys: Custom G&L “Ultra-Lite” With Aluminum Tapered String Posts
- Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock With Chrome-Plated Brass Saddles
- Electronics: G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high end EQ boost)
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case
- G&L Custom Build Specifications document
- G&L Custom Creations certificate
- Made in Fullerton, California