Bass & Creativity: Improvisation and Ear Training
In this lesson, we take a look at a way to build speed and effectiveness in recognizing intervals. We’ll also learn to deduce chords and scales by ear through improvisation.
Once again, the addition of piano with the right hand is a great way to expand our options from a bass perspective.
Here are the timestamps for each section of the lesson:
- 0:00 – Intro to self ear training
- 0:51 – Two notes intervals (1 Bass & 1 Keys), rubato rythm
- 3:00 – Figuring out harmonic paths
- 3:18 – Three notes intervals (1 Bass & 2 Keys) rubato rythm
- 4:40 – Separating Intervals identification & Harmonic development
- 5:11 – Adding rythm & exploring harmonic Improvisation
- 7:37 – Tips to ID harmony
- 8:27 – Four notes intervals (1 Bass & 3 Keys)
- 10:42 – Conclusion & Mix of ear & harmonic approach