Warwick’s limited edition bass this year is the Thumb BO LTD 2013, an upgraded version of the company’s existing model. Available in 4- and 5-string versions, the new model features bolt-on construction and is crafted from FSC certified woods.
The Thumb BO LTD 2013 is built with a US Swamp Ash body topped with Vavona Burl with a matching headstock. Its neck is Wenge while the fingerboard is a two-tone Tigerstripe ebony. Yin Yang inlays act as fret markers on top of the board with illuminated dots inlaid into its side.
Its fitted with a pair of active EMG TBJ pickups and active EMG BQC electronics. Controls include Volume, Balance, Mid Blend, Mid Frequency selector, Treble, and Bass. The Mid controls are on a stacked knob, as are the Treble and Bass.
Each Thumb BO LTD 2013 features Warwick founder Hans-Peter Wilfer’s signature. They’re available with an MSRP of $5,799 for a 4-string and $5,999 for a 5-string version. For more info, check out the Warwick website.
Warwick Thumb BO LTD 2013 Specs:
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Scale: 34˝
- 4 or 5 string
- Options: Right-Handed or Left-Handed, Fretted or Fretless
- Tuners: Warwick machine heads
- Nut: Just-A-Nut II brass
- Neck: Wenge
- Fingerboard: Tigerstripe Ebony
- Inlays: Yin Yang inlays, Illuminated side dots
- Frets: 24 Jumbo Bronze with Invisible Fret Technology
- Body: US Swamp Ash
- Top: Vavona Burl
- Pickups: Active EMG TBJ
- Electronics: Active EMG BQC
- Bridge: 2-piece solid brass Warwick
- Warwick security locks
- Hardware: Black
- Finish: Natural Satin
- Including Warwick “User Kit”
- Including “Flight Case by RockCase” (RC 10830 SA W)
- Individually issued certificate of authenticity
- Hans-Peter Wilfer signature
- Weight (approximate): 8.8 lbs (4 string), 9.47 kg (5 string)
- Manufactured in Germany by Warwick