Providence Effects Announces the Dual Bass Station Preamp
Providence Effects has announced the new Dual Bass Station, a bass preamplifier in pedal form with dual inputs and EQ channels. The pedal’s channels have separate inputs and are toggled with a footswitch, allowing for switching between two basses. Plugging into only input A lets users switch between each of the channels setups on a single instrument.
Each of the channels provides a master volume control and a 3-band EQ that is further accented with a sweepable mid-frequency knob. The pedal’s internal circuitry is powered by a 24-volt supply, which the company says allows for the dynamic range of the bass guitar to come through with maximum impact and clarity.
The Providence Dual Bass Station is set to be released in September with a to-be-announced price point. For more info, check out the Providence website.
Providence Dual Bass Station Preamplifier Specs:
- Controls: Bass, Mid, Mid Freq, Treble, Master with A-B each channel, Mute, A/B
- Connectors: Standard 1/4-inch phone jacks (In-A, In-B, Out, Tuner) and DC12V input jack
- Electrical characteristics: Bass: 60Hz±14dB peaking; Mid: 150Hz?1kHz±14dB peaking; Treble: 3kHz±14dB peaking; Master: -??+10dB; Output noise level: -95dBu or less (IHF A.W.T.D); Harmonic distortion: 0.01% or less (Output 0dBu)
- Power Supply: Supplied AC adaptor(PAP-712DCJ for North America and Japan, PAP-712DCE for Europe, PAP-712DCU for UK)
- Power Consumption: DC12V, 110mA
- Dimensions: 122mm(D)x101mm(W)x58mm(H)
- Weight: Less than one pound (370 g), not including AC adaptor