Source Audio Introduces OFD Bass microModeler
Source Audio has unveiled the SoundBlox 2 OFD Bass microModeler, a combination Overdrive/Fuzz/Distortion pedal with 12 distortions modeled after bass specific gear. The tones include models of Marshall Amplifiers, Mesa Boogie Amplifiers, Ibanez Tube Screamer, EHX Bass Big Muff, Pro Co Rat, Tone Bender, Fuzz Face, and Octavia as well as three original tones from Source Audio: Metal, Gated Fuzz and Crunch Tube.
The pedal allows for plenty of tweaking with a 3-band tone control, a drive knob, and a mix knob to blend between your clean and dirty signals. Its signal processing includes the company’s Lo-Retain low-end preserving algorithm. It also has a built-in noise gate for keeping quiet when you want it to. Once you get all your settings in place, you can save them with two user presets recalled via footswitches.
The OFD Bass microModeler is housed in a cast-aluminum chassis. Connectivity includes instrument inputs and outputs and multi-function ins and outs, which allow for using expression pedals or the company’s Hot Hand controller.
The Source Audio SoundBlox 2 OFD Bass microModeler Fuzz Pedal is available now with a street price around $169. For more info, check out the Source Audio website.
Source Audio SoundBlox 2 OFD Bass microModeler Details:
- 12 bass versions of classic overdrive, fuzz, and distortion tones.
- Cast aluminum housing.
- 2 User Presets recalled via two footswitches.
- Clean and dirty MIX control to blend the effected tone with the original dry signal.
- Lo-Retain: Source Audio’s low-end retaining algorithm.
- 3-band tone control — select between treble, mid, and bass for precision tone sculpting.
- Noise Gate — easily activated 3-level noise gate.
- Universal Bypass — selectable buffered or true bypass.
- Multi-function In — use an expression pedal or the Hot Hand Motion Sensor to morph between presets or manipulate any of the six assignable parameters.
- MIDI Capable — the Multi-function In jack also allows MIDI access to presets and parameters.
- State-of-the-art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- 9V DC power supply included
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2.25 in./5.7cm (including knobs)