Happy Ninth Birthday, No Treble!
For 10 years (before we launched), I had the dream to launch No Treble. Nine years ago today, it became a reality. What started out as a personal passion project has grown bigger than I’d ever imagined.
Thank you for being here and making this so much fun.
Our eighth year was a fun one. Last summer, we started our Facebook Group, which is a daily source of enjoyment for us watching nearly 8,000 bass players hang out and have great conversations about gigging, gear, advice and more. Our podcast, Groove, hit episode #40, and we also had the honor of interviewing Billy Sheehan live at NAMM in front of an audience.
As always, I want to thank our terrific contributors who make this a special place. This is our 11,853rd article on the site, and there’s no way we’d be here today without these terrific bass players and contributors:
- Kevin “Mr. Crush It” Johnson (Managing Editor, and even more, one of my best friends)
- Damian Erskine (Ask Damian Erskine)
- Ryan Madora (Bass Players To Know, The Lightbulb Moment, I Wish I Knew That, and Blues Bass columns)
- Mitch Joel (Groove – The No Treble Podcast)
- Ariane Cap (Talking Technique)
- Rufus Philpot (Creative Bass Lines)
- Tim Fletcher (“Unsung British Bassists” Transcriptions)
- Marcelo Cordova (Transcriptions)
- Donovan Stokes (The Lowdown with Dr. D)
- Joe Hubbard (Advanced Bass)
- Stuart Clayton (Transcriptions)
- Brian Wroten (Transcriptions)
- Thomas “MarloweDK” Risell (Bass lessons)
Thanks for coming along for this ride!
I’d love to hear from you and find out where you think we should go next. What have you enjoyed here? What would you like to see us do more? Please tell us about it in the comments.