Veillette Guitars is now offering the Flyer Bass, a lightweight acoustic-electric bass guitar designed to strike a balance between the acoustic and electric worlds.
Designed after the company’s Flyer guitar, the bass features bent sides and a floating top and back to deliver acoustic tone, feel, and response while its 18-volt active piezo system offers full-range amplified tone.
Veillette attributes the body’s maple sides, solid maple back, and braced Sitka Spruce top to giving the Flyer a clean and well-defined attack in its tone. The extra-thick sides and solid back also help to make the bass sturdier. Even with a 14˝ body width and 34˝ scale, the Veillette Flyer weighs in at just under five pounds.
Each Veillette is hand-made, so there are plenty of options for wood choices, number of strings, finishes, and fretted or fretless. The Veillette Flyer Bass starts at $3955. For more info, check out the Veillette Guitars website.
Veillette Flyer Bass Details:
- Scale: 34˝
- Body Width: 14˝
- Body Sides: Extra-thick Maple
- Body Back: Solid Maple
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Electronics: 18v Active Piezo System
- Black or Gold Hardware
- Ebony or Pau Ferro Fingerboard & Tailpiece
- Exotic wood tops (as available)
- Left-Handed (no extra charge)
- Lined or Unlined Fretless
- Extra-Light Tuning Machines
- Custom Nut Widths
- Custom Scale lengths and tuning configurations