Xotic Introduces XP-1T 5-String Bass
Taking a cue from classic design, Xotic will be introducing the XP-1T 5-string bass at NAMM. The P-bass styled instrument debuts the newly designed PV-1 pickup, but also borrows from their XJ-1T by utilizing the Tri-Logic Bass Preamp. The preamp includes a 3-band EQ with toggle switches to adjust the mid and treble-frequencies as well as a pre-set gain control for boosting up to three times.
Though the XP-1T’s medium-weight alder body is based on an original P-bass design, Xotic modified it by rounding the heel of the neck joint and the cutaway for easier playing in higher positions. The maple neck sports a “C” shape and a rosewood fingerboard with a 10″ radius.
Hardware includes Hipshot Ultralite tuners and a Hipshot A style bridge.
The Xotic XP-1T will be available in two finishes: 3-tone Burst and Electrum Metallic. It will become available after the NAMM show, and will carry a price tag of $3,300. For more info, visit the Xotic website.
Xotic XP-1T 5-String Bass Specs:
- Scale: 34″
- Body: Alder
- Color: 3Tone Burst and Electrum Metallic
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Finish: Oil
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 21
- Fret Material: Jescar Silver Nickel
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 47mm (1.850inch)
- String Spacing at Bridge: 19mm
- Pickup: PV-1 w/Wood Cover
- Tuner: Hipshot Ultralite
- Bridge: Hipshot A Style
- Electronics: Tri-Logic 2 Bass Preamp
- Controls: Volume (Push/Pull for Active/Passive), Tone, 3-Band EQ, Mid/Bright Switches, Output Gain Control
- Weight: Approx. 4.5 kg to 4.6 kg (9.92 pounds to 10.14 pounds)